We continue our story from here
Okay, by now it is no secret anymore – Steve lost his story in the procedural abyss …… and once again I have nothing to report. 😦
I enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would, but I did however have some pressing questions about some ‘serious’ stuff. And to my surprise the Koalified Smartass pitched up last night, to lend me a hand with some answers…… 😕
Questions: (and answers 😀 )
- Why did Jerry stop at a green light?
Koalified Smartass: Maybe traffic lights work differently in Hawaii?
- Just some weird logistics – How did the guy get back in the driver’s seat to drive off, after he got the woman in the car? By the time he pushed her to the other side and got in, the woman could have had time to jump out again?
Koalified Smartass: Oops … no time to explain details, they need to fit two stories for this week in 44 minutes.
- Room keys per person? Is it standard practice for hotels to give out more keys that number of people booked in the room? As many as 18?
Koalified Smartass: In Hawaii, anything is possible ……
- What is up with Kono’s pants?
Koalified Smartass: Someone in wardrobe thought she was a man and ordered pants for her that can accommodate bulging “man parts”? Or maybe it was just an old pair of her pregnancy pants? 😛 (Briefing to wardrobe – in the remake of Hawaii-Five-0, Kono is a woman)
- On the “farm” they shoot the guy at the gate (and might I add without any back-up from the local police the two cousins raid the compound all on their own) – but nobody heard the shots?
Koalified Smartass: Out there on the quiet farm gun shots are normal? Who needs back-up? Not Five-0, surely?!
- The “bad” lady is shooting at Kono and Chin, from a moving load on a crane – but nobody was working the crane – Chin just took over from nobody?
Koalified Smartass: The land of Five-0 is a mystery ….
- Grover tells them that he wanted to send the rings to their brides – Kind of sure they’ve been married for many years. Who still calls them brides? – Wives maybe…. 😕
Koalified Smartass: Who knows, my English is not that good 😀
- Don’t get me wrong – I loved the idea of Jerry getting some recognition for what he does and it is long overdue, because he has been instrumental in solving great cases and mysteries in the past. But what brave thing did Jerry do here? Act of courage? He followed a suspect and reported a murder….
Koalified Smartass: Don’t rain on the Ohana parade …. you are a bad, bad fan for doing that! 😡
- Why is Chin using this event to show the pictures from Gabriel to Steve – maybe they never see each other at work anymore?
Koalified Smartass: Just be grateful for continuity somewhere in the storyline.
- The team is split in 2, to cover two different cases for this week – they do share an office, but never run into each other there while working on these cases? 😆
Koalified Smartass: Don’t confuse the people who are doing the shooting schedules! It is hard enough to try and accommodate all the cast members and their off days.
- Okay, so in the end, the guys were out on the town all night and return after 2 am, with the girl already dead in the tub – My question is – who trashed the hotel room like that if they were so out of it that they passed out without seeing a corpse in their tub…. surely nobody came home with them, because they would have seen the body? And how did those bear bottles land in the bath with her? And her skin looked quite normal for someone who has been in water for so long?
Koalified smartass: You are thinking way to ‘smart’ for my ‘ass’ 😀 – don’t confuse my enjoyment of this plot with stupid questions!
- So ‘Pauly’ lost his hair by setting it on fire – without sustaining any 1st degree burn wounds?
Koalified Smartass: The ‘Laws of Physics’ does not apply on the “Island”?
- The girl ran away from her “brother”, right to that hotel room. Why did she not seek help from people along the way – maybe some people in the lobby and reception?
Koalified Smartass: Stop being a smartass … that is my job. She ran like the wind screaming for help – no time to actually stop with people who could help her – she had to keep to the script…
Anomaly for this episode:
- On the Big Island, Chin and Kono drive with a Ford, but it is not a Ford, because the logo is blurred? Really do hope they sort out the Car-sponsors for S6. 🙂
My moment of the week:
- Steve fixing Jerry’s tie
Wish list if there is a Season 6
- No more double story episodes – pick one of the cases and find something to do for everybody around it. (PLEASE)
- I wish fans who complain about the sound will switch off their surround sounds and fancy stuff on their systems – Listen to it in normal mode, then you will be able to hear all dialogue perfectly.
– Hawaii Five-0: Episode 522 –
Ho’amoano (Chasing Yesterday)
To be continued …….