Hi everyone! Some of you might have noticed that we have been pretty quiet for the past week. Thank you for staying with us during this time of silence. 🙂 After quite a number of months of researching and writing long posts everyday of old and new interviews and some current events, and then counting down the 100 episodes of Hawaii Five-0, with a post each day for 3 months, Paula and I just needed to step away for a few days. Our motto from the start has always been, “We are here to have fun and enjoy Alex with others!”. If the fun stops we promised ourselves to either step away for a bit, or leave the site and our fangirling here. We decided to just take a long breath and see how we feel…… and we are still here 🙂
Of course our ‘mild’ obsession with Alex (and also our own friendship), is far too strong for us to stay away for long and we have been lurking here in the background. There are some small changes that we have made, that some of you might have noticed. We are also working on finishing a few projects, that have been hanging around in our drafts for a looooooooong time!
In 2013 we posted our “Biography” posts of Alex, in which we take a look at Alex’s public life. We did it in the form of a ‘Diary’ of main events that we know of, in his life’. We are busy adding links in those old diary posts, that will take you to the stories that we have done about those events. And it might be worth your while, if you are new to the site, to look through those diary posts and follow the links to those old stories. It is actually very easy to find any old story amongst the more than 1000 posts we already posted over the last 2 years. And because our stories are not just current news, a lot of them are timeless and reading them might give new fans some insight into who Alex is and how his path as an actor unfolded over the past decade.
And some good news with it, is the continuation of the ‘Diary’ with its 4th post, picking up where we left it in 2013. It is more or less ready and will be posted during the next few days.
If you are new to navigating sites on the internet, we would like to give you a few tips of how to find things easily on here. It is always great if you can get the maximum out of your experience of Alex and of what we have of him here. Sometimes we move the Widgets on the sides of the blog around just for change, but you will always find them either on the right or left hand of our main post.
Let’s start with the right hand side. →→→
- We normally would post a special count-down to a specific event in Alex’s life there on the top. (there is no countdown at the moment)
- Then there are a ‘Comments’ column, showing the last 15 comments that have been made on different posts. (You are welcome to make comments on old posts as well.)
- Below that we have a link to our ‘Flickr’ account, where we (mainly Paula) are “busy” building albums of pretty Alex pictures on there – just click on the picture and it will take you to the albums gallery.
- Below that we have the link to our ‘Facebook Gallery‘, where you will find the pictures we post on there on a daily basis.
- Below that you will find the ‘Calender’, where you can directly click on any day (and even go back to previous months), to find the post(s) of that day and click on it to view.
- Below that you find the links to ‘Top Posts and Pages’. There you will see the 10 posts and pages that got the most views for the past few days. (During this week a few old posts got some more views, because we didn’t post new stuff)
- Below that we have the links to ‘Sites to Visit’. You will see that we do not have a very long list there, because we what to direct people to Alex sites that actually stay current and post regularly. (As soon as a site stops posting new posts, we normally take them of the list).
- Below that can can find our playlist. There is some music (from episodes) and also some small sound clips of Alex.
←←← Now we move over to the left hand side
- On the first link, you will find ‘Follow‘ You can subscribe through that link. If you register there, you will get regular updates via e-mail of things we post – either on a daily basis or as they happen (you chose that yourself). We do not flood you with lots of posts on any given day, as we only post current events on our FB page and not normally here as they come in.
- Under that, at the moment you will find some of ‘Alex’s quotes’ again and a link to our quotes in pictures of Alex. (We have not made new ones in a while, but hopefully will find some time to make a few.)
- Then below that is ‘Recent Posts’ , where you will find links to the last 20 posts we have done.
- Below that under the heading ‘Pages’, you will find the pages, in which you will find the links to all our old posts. Those pages and links are exactly the same ones that you will also find on the very top of our page, right under our name. Remember they are the links that will take you to all the past pretty post, by just clicking on them. The picture below is just the top part of it and I have marked some interesting places with a star.
Of course the ‘Welcome note’ and ‘About us’, tells you who we are and importantly also tells you all the different ways that you can use to reach us. ‘Biography’ takes you to the links of our ‘Diary’ posts. ‘Q’s & A’s’ takes you to some questions that pop up from time to time. We try to answer and update them every once in a while. ‘Galleries’, takes you to links of posts we made, they mainly consist of pictures of specific events and photo shoots. And of course the ‘Steve’s Story’ takes you to each episode of Hawaii Five-o and the summary of Steve’s story in it (With lots of pretty pictures from each episode). Under ‘Interviews’, you will find the links to all the transcripts of interviews we have done so far.
- Then we move on and below that you will find ‘Twitter Gallery’. Unfortunately Twitter (in their wisdom), changed the layout of it. The pictures are now listed as tweets with picture and no longer in a gallery form. But they are still there and as far as I know, you can visit that without having a twitter account yourself. Paula posts lots op pretty pictures there, as well us some awesome gifs to wet your Alex appetite (as if any of us need encouragement to drool over him 😛 )
- Below that, under ‘Tweet Tweet’ , you can see the latest few tweets we have made and it is also a link to visit our actual Twitter page.
- Below that is Archive , and with a drop down menu there you can see all the past months and you can go directly to a specific month and find the posts in it.
- Below that ‘Categories’. There you might find some of the posts that have been tagged as a specific subject.
- Below that we have our actual search facility under ‘Looking for Something?’ There you can type in key words and maybe in that way find the post that cover that specific subject.
- Below that is a short list of all Alex’s work, mostly to remind Paula of the chronological order. 😀
Then we move to the very bottom of the page ↓
- Here you will find the link to our main FB Page.
- And also the right hand side address that you can use to send things to Alex, if that is something you would like.
Of course on our front page, you will find the latest 5 posts, with an option to scroll back further at the bottom.
And on the top of each post there is an option to go to a previous or next post. You can also the find the links to go to comments there. If you click on the name of each post, it will take you to just that specific post and its comments below. Some of our posts do have their own banner and it might be interesting to actually visit a post and see the pretty pictures of Alex, Paula creates for those banners.
As you can see there are a lot on offer, here for you to enjoy about Alex, even if we do not have a post every day. And hopefully all this makes it easier for you to find things about Alex, that might interest you. Any questions are welcome. We also appreciate it when people notify us if there are any mistakes or links (to especially videos) that have gone missing. Some sites close down and the links no longer work.
A special Thanks to everybody who support us, by visiting our posts daily. Also thanks to those who take the time to comment here, share our posts on Twitter and Facebook, RT our tweets and in general promote what we do here.
And once again and most importantly,
‘Thank You‘ for enjoying Alex with us!