I am interested in my character. That is what I can work on.
Everything else is out of my control.
I prefer to shine in a mediocre movie than to be un-noticed in a masterpiece.
– Alex O’Loughlin
Vanity Fair – Italia, 26 May 2010
All in all this has been one of the most engaging episodes for Season 7. My hopes for some good episodes to finish off the season were better served by this one that last week. Of course I loved that Steve and Kono spend so much time together during this episode. They are great together.
The episode was a good display of different women (good & bad) in society. The young and innocent being cute, strong ones looking out for and protecting the weak, the bad ones exploiting the weak. Those fighting for and rescuing the oppressed and the exploited. And the scarred ones fighting back to restore their lives.
Of course me liking the episode and the theme of it, did not mean there were not some serious facepalm moments. Here are a few thoughts ….
- I don’t understand why the sex trafficker (Emilio) would care to take Moani to the ER. Why take such a risk and then just run away before getting any help? What did he expect to find there? A red carpet reception? The writers idea of using, it did not make sense to me.
Koala Smartass: You are messing with the logic of the story again. Just take it as it is.
- Not a fan of crossover episodes of two different show. Mainly because I do not live in America and do not see these shows on the same time slots as they are seen over there.
Koala Smartass: No harm done I guess. If you did not see it, you did not miss anything. You watch for Steve (Alex) in any case and he was not part of it.
- Well at least somebody remembered and brought Steve cookies on his birthday – although he had to buy them.
Koala Smartass: You know the birthdays and stuff only mean something to the fans – well at least some of the wacky fans like you.
- Why a split episode when dealing with such serious matters as sex trafficking and drugs? And then rushing through the second case.
Koala Smartass: Lalallalalallalal
- It must be really dangerous to just drive around in Hawaii. Road rage is dangerous! Utterly preposterous for Kono to vent against an innocent person in traffic. She was in the wrong and it is she as an officer of the law, who is supposed to serve and protect others rather than damage? That kind of “heroism” being applauded and condoned is exactly what is wrong with society lately. If you get upset, you can just violate the rights of others – it’s okay and normal? #NO!
- Kono hitting the teacher before he even had time to say anything? Really? Stooping to a level of brutality is really childish. At least give him a change to be an asshole first.
Koala Smartass: But he deserved it, didn’t he? Men like him are actually the real problem. The laws of supply and demand. If there is no demand, the sex trafficking business would not be so lucrative.
- Why is Steve shooting the number plate of the SUV while it is backing up? Shoot the tyres, shoot at the window – be productive.
Koala Smartass: How long have you been watching the show? By now you should know, that it is how it is done in the land of Five-o.
- I fail to get the connection between Kono and Moani, the girl she brought to the sanctuary. Her connection was with the OTHER girl, Kelsey. (She was also a better actress, portraying the pain.) And why was only the one girl taken to the sanctuary? Although very moving, the story kind of lost me there because it did not feel organic with her taking the “wrong” girl in my opinion. And without her parents?
Koala Smartass: I am sure you are the only one complaining about this.
- And added to that, she easily hugged Kono. NO sign of the broken ribs and injuries Emilio took her to the hospital for.
Koala Smartass: Since when is it strange that injuries sustained during an episode, still exist by the end of the episode? At least it was 3 days later. Normally they heal within a few minutes.
As you can see, there was not much to complain about in the episode, and the Koala is very happy about that. Hopefully that is a good sign for the rest of the season …… I just hope that somewhere along the line we will also at least get some personal story of Steve again. And not just something from his family’s past, but also something for his future and happiness! (Maybe he can chase Adam away, and he and Kono can live happily ever after? )
And that was Steve’s story for:
Hawaii Five-0 – Episode 7:19
Puka ‘ana (Exodus)
Written by: Eric Guggenheim
Directed by: Bronwen Hughes
To be continued …….
Slide show of screencaps of the episode.
A lot of footage from the set of Hawaii Five-0 posted this week. As usual Thank You to everybody who posted and found pictures. Hope you all enjoy them!
Life on the Set:
sunburns622 McGarrett is all done shooting his Hawaii 5-0 scene.
Escape Waikiki Tours A big MAHALO to the cast and crew of Hawaii 5-0! We have been on set many times, but today was a real treat! Mahalo @danieldaekim, #alexoloughlin and Chi McBride for making my guest’s vacation super special! everyone we talked to was friendly and willing to take a quick photo. True ALOHA spirit! #escapewaikikitours #hawaii50 #hawaii #vacation #travel #luckywelivehawaii #danieldaekim #alexoloughlin #chimcbride
Hawaii Isla 808 Hawaii Five-0 Shot filming EP7*22. Honolulu, Hawaii Today (5 March 2017)
From this picture above and also some other footage posted, it looks like Eric Norris (son of legendary action man, Chuck Norris) might be the new stunt coordinator on the set of Hawaii Five-0.
Just some mindless trivia, Chuck Norris and Steve McGarrett share a birth date – 10 March
hawaii_isla808 Hawaii Five-0: Alex O’Loughlin was amazing and awesome when he love seeing children and give great hugs when he get a chance. That is why he is also awesome dad to his own children. ❤. We all smile when he give a hug to a little girl! 🤙🏼🌺❤😀 check our Facebook more pics and video #wearehawaii #hawaii #luckyweliveinhawaii #ilovealoha #waikiki #aloha #ig_oahu #visitoahu #loves_united_hawaii #waikikibeach #welovehawaii #weloveoahu #hilife #wemisshawaii #honolulu #hawaiian #oahuhawaii #canon #visithonolulu #visithawaii #five0 #h50 #hawaiifive0 #alexoloughlin
@LeeRyan3657426 #9Today Tyra and Zali Ryan met Alex O’Loughlin from Hawaii 5-0 when holidaying in Hawaii last year
News for the week:
- Hawaii Five-0 featuring some serious issues:
Something Pretty from others:
- Picture from video posted by bwallace808 on IG stories
It looks like they had a lot of fun on the set that day, with Alex in a real goofy mood. From the clothes and the background it looks like the pictures were taken on the same day in, August 2015, as these:
Alex, Family, Friends & Colleagues:
- From the set – January 2016
Jimmy Borges Eternal Jimmy with his daughter, and with Alex O’Loughlin of Hawaii Five-0, at the Hawaii Five-O Studios by Diamond Head, Honolulu, HI, January 2016.
A year ago when I made a post about what the iconic Jimmy had to say about Alex ( They say …… #AlexOLoughlin treat others with a great deal of ALOHA), I was looking for a picture of them together and could not find any. These are beautiful and great!
Most ‘interesting’ searches for the week:
- alex o loughlin hair balding 2017
- was alex o laughlin actually a navy seal
- can alex o’loughlin sing?
- They should get busy with filming of Episode 7:23 by now. Hoping for some more footage from the set to share.
- Remember that there will be a few weeks without new episode of Hawaii Five-0. Episode 7:20 will be broadcast on 31 March.
- And we would like to wish Alex’s stepson Spike, a Happy 8th Birthday tomorrow.
Enjoy your week!
Before we start this post and just to make it clear and try to eliminate confusion – this is Steve McGarrett’s birthday. He is a fictional character on the show Hawaii Five-0.
Alex O’Loughlin is the actor who plays Steve McGarrett, and his birthday is on 24 August.
Happy Birthday Steve!
With lack of time this year, we are not making a special post for the occasion, but we would like to give you the links to all our previous interesting posts for his birthday over the years.
Hope you all enjoy tonight’s new Episode!