Picture (SOTB 7) – From André Schuppan
I’m continually amazed at the amount of support my fans show me. I recently wrote a blog post (on Facebook), trying to express my appreciation. … I’m actually surprised (by the support) sometimes because I don’t feel like I’m a very good celebrity. I don’t have a Twitter account. I barely manage my Facebook page and I don’t get to my e-mail often enough.
Then I watch my own work and I’m not a fan of it. I don’t see it. [Laughs] … Frankly, I probably wouldn’t have this job without the fans.
– Alex O’Loughlin
Contra Costa Times
18 September 2012
(SOTB 7 – Picture originally from Star Advertiser)
Some news updates:
- For those who have not seen the news yet, 2 days ago Peter Lenkov announced on Twitter that Sunset on the Beach (SOTB) for this year, for the moment is on hold because of busy schedules. We will let you know as soon as there are any further news in regards to the matter.
- In just more than 2 weeks, 24 August, Alex celebrates his 41st birthday. As usual Angie and the fans from “Alex O’Loughlin Fans for Organ Donation” organized a fundraiser with Taylor’s Gift that you can support by making a donation, as well as a group card for his birthday, that you can sign.
Fundraising page: https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=1042140
Birthday card: http://www.groupcard.com/c/mE4BHoHiAPc
Over the years Hawaii Five-0 have had a number of these type of auctions to visit the set of Hawaii Five-0, but none of them ever gave the opportunity of actually meeting Alex O’Loughlin himself.
This is really something that I would have loved to be able to bit for – because at long last there is a worthy prize at the end of it, while donating to a worthy cause …….
- Post from Alex’s own Facebook page today:
Alex O’Loughlin : Listen up! I have a special opportunity to support Taylor’s Gift. Want to spend some time with me and tour the Hawaii 5-0 set? We are having an auction where you can win this opportunity with all proceeds going to Taylor’s Gift. Head to this link and bid now! http://chrty.bz/2sqWYqM This auction will end July 13. Good luck!
Meet Alex O’Loughlin and Tour the Set of CBS’ Hawaii Five O in Honolulu
You and a guest will enjoy an exclusive in-person meet and greet with CBS Hawaii Five O actor, Alex O’Loughlin and a tour of the set on location in Honolulu!
- TIME LEFT TO BID: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 3:00:00 PM EDT
Loves our fans! Signing fan mail
Donated by: Alex O’Loughlin of CBS Hawaii Five O – Celebrity Spokesperson of Taylor’s Gift Foundation
Additional lot details:
- This experience expires February 16, 2018 and cannot be redeemed prior to July 7, 2017.
- This experience will take place on a mutually agreed upon date, based on the donor’s availability.
- Valid for 2 people.
- An adult must accompany all individuals under the age of 18.
- Includes a private meet and greet with Alex O’Loughlin. CBS cannot guarantee the meeting of other cast members, subject to availability.
- The winner may take a photo.
- The winner can take something small to be signed.
- Event does not include a meal.
- All travel, ground and overnight lodging are the responsibility of winner.
- Valid for week days only, subject to the production schedule.
- When scheduling, please provide a span of three days with availability.
- Experience cannot be resold or re-auctioned.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending an experience won at Charitybuzz. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.
The link to Charitybuzz again
Doing his own bit for charity, was Alex O’Loughin, at the University of Hawaii Manoa Relay for Life on April 12, 2014
Alex: You know it’s funny I was just thinking about this weather tonight. And I felt so bummed for everybody. And I thought about it and it’s kind of analogous to this disease, isn’t it? I mean we look at this sky, it is black and it is ominous, and its big wind and it tries to blow our tents over. And the rain comes with it, and it tries to soak us and make us cold so that we so we’d go home and give up.
Though we don’t give up, we just bend our tents towards the winds and wait it down and stick it out till we get a dry spell here. And it just seemed so meaningful to me, because that is what we face with cancer. Each and every one of us here tonight, has had our life affected in some why by this disease. I certainly have.
But I’m also deeply grateful for everybody who’s come here tonight because each and every one of you is now part of the fight. You know this is a really serious and really difficult disease, and the fight against this disease is a really great fight. And just by being here tonight, you’re in the ring. And you are part of that good fight.
— Hawaii 5-0’s very own Alex O’Loughlin speaking at this year’s opening ceremony! We thank you Alex for supporting and helping to finish the fight against cancer!
Relay For Life of UH Manoa
Link to Video:
Direct request from Alex O’Loughlin himself about
Nominations for Taylor’s Gift,
(I am amazed at the comments on this post on Alex’s Facebook page. So many people do not know he is Australian and find it interesting that he’s got an accent. After following his career for so many years and doing so many post about him, I still find it hard to imagine that fans still know so little about him.)
Nominate an individual or organization that you know is making a difference in their community today!
- You might not have anybody to nominate, or not be able to nominate because you don’t live in the USA; but as a fan of Alex you can also show direct support to the cause ….
Support Taylor’s Gift by participating in the “Celebration of Life” fundraising campaign benefitting Alex’s favorite charity, You will find all the information you need in the latest post by Angie Gerstner on behalf of:
Alex O’Loughlin Fans for Organ Donation
You can also go directly to the fundraising page to make a donation:
Taylor’s Gift Donations
PS: It is very easy and secure to do donations with the campaign.
Alex’s birthday week is always a highlight for me in the events around his life, but unfortunately because of “real life” I still missed out on most of it during this week. Today I started to catch up with everything that happened in the last month and at the moment I plan to do a post of the whole months’ events for next week. I am looking forward to see what happened during this time of my absence, and hopefully will be able to find all the gems posted during this month and share it with you here. It should not be too difficult, because Paula already posted most of it on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and kept you up to date.
Things like this great video of the cast and crew singing to Alex on his birthday, and him blowing out the candles on his domino cake:
Thank you to those who posted and shared it for us al to enjoy (It originally came from @rosesitaguzman via juliehawaii )
- During the time running up to Alex’s birthday the fans from Fans for Donate Life again started a fundraising campaign and Alex acknowledged it on his own Facebook page:
Alex O’Loughlin (5 August) Thank you to the fans who created a fundraising page for my favorite charity, Taylor’s Gift in honor of my upcoming birthday. I’m very proud of the work Taylor’s Gift does to help families touched by organ donation and honored to be a spokesperson for them. Here is the fundraising link if you want to check it out and support. https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=725115
- And again Alex commented during this week:
Alex O’Loughlin (25 August) I had a great birthday! Thank you for all the birthday wishes and for the great support of my favorite charity, Taylor’s Gift from all over the world. Looks like the fan support fundraising page is almost at their fundraising goal, so if you want to still help out, please click here: https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=725115 Thank you for all you do to support me and Taylor’s Gift Foundation.
Please remember that when celebrities support a specific cause, and even when fans set up or share a fundraising campaign for it, they do not expect people to feel guilty or obliged to do so if they can’t give. They just set up a platform for those people who do have the will and the means to do so. In my opinion it is also a far better way of giving somebody like Alex something for his birthday, than to send him a personal gift.
For myself, I rather support charities closer to home, where there are far greater need and where my money is worth more. But that does not mean I should not share those causes which Alex support.
It seems that the campaign is still running up until 31 August. So if you do have the means and the will to support one of Alex’s causes, you can still do so as a birthday gift to him …….
Hope you all have a good fun-filled Alex week!