Hawaii Five-0 ended with a cliffhanger at the end of Season 9, but in about 5 weeks time we will all see what happened with Steve McGarrett and his Ohana when Season 10 starts on 27 September in the USA. For those of you not following social media, there will be many surprises, but I guess there are not a lot of you who don’t follow the show elsewhere. If you do not want to be spoiled with some of the things we picked up from the footage from the set, I suggest that you do not continue reading.
- First of all we know that Alex and his character Steve McGarrett is back and it looks like he will be back in full force without physical injury. His character looks in good health on set (and after the first episode filmed, he was also without the beard).
Not only will Alex be back, but as we reported a while back, he also wrote and directed the episode that was filmed first for the season. It will however not be the first episode broadcast. My guess is that it will be broadcast close to Halloween. And we also got the pictures from Christine Lahti who will be in that episode. That even more so would suggest that it will be a great episode.
- We also know from the Blessing ceremony, that some of the Ex Navy SEAL’s from Trident Adventures will again be seen. This time in the episode directed by Alex.
They posted this older picture from Season 8 Epi 24, where they also featured:
“Sometimes we get a little jealous of the jobs our SEAL guys have 😏 Try and spot our two veterans on the new season of H50″
- There is official notification from CBS of the addition of actress Katrina Law to the permanent cast as season regular. She will play a former Army Staff Sergeant named Quinn Liu.
From Jim Halterman on 14
The island of Hawaii just got a bit more interesting.
CBS announced Wednesday that Katrina Law (The Oath, Arrow) will step into a series regular role on the network’s long-running crime drama, Hawaii Five-0, when the series returns for Season 10 in September.
Law will play a former Staff Sergeant with Army CID named Quinn Liu, who was recently demoted for insubordination. Liu is described as sharp-tongued in several languages and she has a deep knowledge of military culture, which will make her the perfect person to match wits with Five-0 Commander, Steve McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin).
Liu comes into the show after an explosive collision with Five-0 on a case involving veterans. She will soon become a local ally for the team, which also values integrity over sticking to the rules.
“We are thrilled to have Katrina join the 10th season Hawaii Five-0 as a series regular,” says Executive Producer Peter Lenkov. “She dazzles as Quinn, the team’s newest recruit, and viewers are going to love seeing how she first encounters McGarrett and Danny. If you know the show well, you’ll be feeling some déjà vu.”
(Unfortunately we can not share any pictures of Alex with Katrina from the set. They were all posted by the person who took them, and he blocked us from his IG and Twitter pages and we can therefor not post them with full credit of original source. )
- Actor Rob Morrow posted this picture and he also indicated that he will be in more than one episode of Hawaii Five-0. Loved him since the Northern Exposure days and hope he will have a great character to play.
W/this stud and good guy playing a good guy #AlexO’Loughlin
@hawaii50cbs hey, were ur ears burning @therealclaireforlani #waikiki #hawaii
Of course Claire featured as Alicia Brown in a number of H50 episodes. She and Rob, in their younger days, starred in a 1998 movie together. It seems as if they remained good friend all this time.
- Claire answered back with a tweet: “Damn you two look cute together! Adore you both so much”
- Actress Katie Wee posted a picture on Instagram a while back already, but she deleted the post. We can only guess that she did it because when it was shared by others, there might have been some indications that she could be a new love interest for Steve.
“To say shooting Hawaii 5-0 was fun would be a huge understatement. It was a total gift 🎁 I got to be in Hawaii, (!!!) work with the loveliest people, and ultimately do the thing I have wanted to do since I was a little kid- act on TV 🤩trying to soak in how truly grateful I am, because that gratitude is what helps me remember what it’s all for in the moments between wins. Can’t wait for you all to meet me on #H50 s 10 #AlexOloughlin“
Some dates that might be of interest to you:
- This Saturday, 24 August is Alex’s Birthday.
- It has been announced that Sunset On the Beach will be on Thursday, 19 September
- And a week later on Friday 27 September, Season 10 will kick of on a new and earlier time slot on CBS at 20h00
8-9 p.m. Hawaii Five-0
9-10 p.m. Magnum P.I.
10-11 p.m. Blue Bloods
As usual a big Thank You to everybody who posted pictures and shared information on their pages, for all to see. It is good to see when the Aloha spirit from most people in the fandom.