First of all, a big THANK YOU you to those of you who still enjoy Alex with us! Your messages of support are all highly appreciated. Many of you have known us for 6 years already, and know who we are at heart. I guess many do not always get our sense of humour and general fangirl silliness – but that’s life. To each his own.
We have always catered for a wide variety of tastes and I guess the number of visitors we still have on a daily basis, regardless of our scaling down, are testament to the fact that we hit the mark somewhere. The fact that we are not a straight forward “news” site, but a fun site where we share our views and opinions freely, is a big part of who we are, and who we would always like to be …….
We also allow for many views in comments and rarely do we ever remove any of the comments made. Weirdly enough people do not “get” the fact that we do not make the comments ourselves and all comments made are not necessarily our views and thoughts. I guess it is mind-blowing for some to grasp that we allow that freedom – but never the less, it is true. Having said that, we mostly enjoy some wonderful fellow fans, who feel free to have their own say in a respectful and often humorous manner. Thank you all for that!
But let’s get on and have some fun with Alex and this latest episode of Hawaii Five-0.
However, be aware – if you do not like sarcasm, irony or lack a general sense of humour; or if you take yourself, your ship and ‘The Show‘ too seriously and think it is gospel, or even part of real life and that the characters are actually real people, then stop reading immediately.
As usual, just some random thoughts and questions 😕 while watching the episode ……
- (Aqua)Man and his best friend (BFF) Eddie is swimming in the sea – #McEddie forever (And they are two beautiful specimens I might add)
Koala Smartass: Have to say, I am with you there. Eddie and his bromance with Steve and interaction with the rest of the team has been a highlight of this season. He was definitely also a shining star on the Red Carpet this weekend.
- Clearly Steve likes his morning fitness routine – not even Danny popping by for a so-called BFF visit seem to be more important than it, because he is well on his way for his jog as well, even though Danny is there for a visit. I think the man has his priorities for health in good order, if you ask me.
Koala Smartass: Yes, indeed it looks like Steve is definitely in control of his health and mental fitness. Nothing wrong with his Zen.
- Danny brought coffee and cocopuffs – very high on the health spectrum?
Koala Smartass: Did you not know, rich food is better for one’s health than exercises?
- And suddenly Steve AND Eddie are both all dry as they enter the house.
Koala Smartass: The morning heat in Hawaii must be fierce – dries you, your dog and your clothes off in a minute.
- Weirdly, Steve does not greet any of his friends and colleagues in his house? And neither does any of them even greet him.
Koala Smartass: Maybe he was worried that he was hallucinating? Not sure if they were really there. Or thinking that if he does not acknowledge them they would not be there? And maybe they all felt a bit guilty for being there, invading their friend and leader’s home without his invitation?
- Not sure why Steve calls Eddie a traitor now? What did he do?
Koala Smartass: As usual some of the dialogue chosen, blows my mind.
- Suddenly Steve remembers his manners and greets them.
Koala Smartass: The man is an Officer and a gentleman after all!
- Recently diagnosed?
Koala Smartass: Yes, a few months or half a year is fairly recent?
- I must admit, I enjoyed the “intervention” far more than I thought I would, or should have. Maybe I was just distracted by Alex’s legs or his gorgeous face?
Koala Smartass: Yes, most of the dialogue and interactions were spot on for all the different characters – and with each of them Alex played it perfectly. I am kind of sure the one (writer) who came up with the idea to add the bounty hunter and the fact that “Dog” ambushes people in their own homes, was really chuffed with his joke.
- Web-MD rabbit hole – LOL
Koala Smartass: A sign of our times, I guess.
- And then we meet Chloe – and I am kind of sure she personifies in some areas most fangirls who ever meet Alex. And I kind of think that the civility he handles her with, is just the way Alex shows great old school courtesy towards those who awkwardly meet him – all big eyed and starstruck.
Koala Smartass: Kind of sure we (the fans) would all find a way or reason to hang around him for the whole day ….. paid or not.
- And again I get the feeling that this season they are really writing ‘for the fans’ – I mean they are reading what fans complain about and then respond to it. Kind of answering our concerns and gripes. We always complain that we do not hear about Lynn. Now he says that they have been seeing each other on and off for a while now (Kind of like 2 years isn’t it?) – and they have sex 5 times a week.
Koala Smartass: Is the ‘on’ times, the days when they have sex and the ‘off’ times, the days when they don’t? And it is so clear that Peter is shipper baiting people – he posted part of this car scene on IG a while ago and with the part shown at the time, kind of insinuated that Chloe was discussing Steve and Danno’s sex life as a couple. BUT here it comes – BAM!! – slap them shippers right back into reality, while mentioning the ever absent girlfriends. It is the girlfriends who are actually discussing the sex lives and here they get mentioned just to remind you that the two of them have sex with other people who happen to be women. Oops there he smothers the fantasies again. And so the cycle continues.
- Yikes – having a girlfriend discussing your sex life with your partner’s girlfriend – That would be very high on the stress scale for me.
Koala Smartass: Yes, and there I thought they could not write her worse or do Lynn’s character more harm. Last time we saw her as this giggling groupie as part of the Valentines weekend, but now she is a blabber mouth about her and Steve’s intimate moments? Boy, the sex must really be mind-blowing for Steve to continue with such an immature relationship……
- Interesting that Chloe does not ride along when Steve visits Alicia.
Koala Smartass. I guess that part was too grown-up, and not part of Danny’s ‘marriage’ counselling effort?
- I find it funny that Danny now starts to backtrack about Chloe invading Steve’s life.
Koala Smartass: Yes, I guess there is no turning back ones you opened Pandora’s box dear Danny. Or when you scratched where there was no itch.
- Oy, and after all it seems that Chloe is good at her job – she sees where Steve’s main source of stress lies – DANNY and his demeanor!
Koala Smartass: Did not really take much skill to get to that conclusion.
- Alicia: “I heard. Good luck with that!” – after meeting Chloe and Chloe telling her that she is consulting on Steve.
Koala Smartass: Yes, I kind of got a giggle on, when I started thinking of how Steve and Alicia had a good laugh on the way to the office about the “intervention” and Chloe’s shadowing.
- Yikes, is Alicia really going to wear that dress that the mother was wearing while being dead for 3 days?
Koala Smartass: What can I say – she is a tough broad. And I guess, she would rather do that, than go to prison for murder?
- Grover: ‘Should have brought the wife. Dinner and a show’ – priceless!!
Koala Smartass: What can I say, I LOVE the man. Chi is the master of those Grover one-liners.
In the end I guess, by just the way Steve handled the day with total grace, even with all the unnecessary stress added to it with all Danny’s worries and fears and meddling, it is quite clear why he is the main man and how mature he actually is. And that Junior in a mere 6 weeks managed to make the right observation …….
……. and maybe Steve found one of the truths in life, that by being there for others and helping them in their moment of need, is one of the main keys to ensure a happy and fulfilled life for yourself …….
Maybe, just maybe in the end this silly episode showed us that Steve is really part of the Aloha spirit …. and that with his whole being, he personifies the Island spirit!
And I guess we saw a big part of that in Alex as well as he graced the Red Carpet on Friday evening at Sunset On the Beach. Having fun and sharing so much of himself with fans and everybody in general. The man remains a class act with buckets full of the Aloha spirit …….