The good news is that there is only one month left before filming of Season 7 of Hawaii Five-0 begins. As soon as we see any news of the date, we will of course let you know. And as always we hope that there will be someone to cover this years’ blessing ceremony for us all to experience it as well. The last few years The Star Advertiser provided us with some wonderful coverage of the event. Let’s hope they will be there and do it again.
Life on the Set:
- With no new pictures from the set to add here, but in keeping with our Hawaii Five-0 theme and focus for a week, some BTS pictures from one of my all time favourite episodes – 320.
These flashback scenes that take us back to the year 2000 when Steve did his BUD’s training, caused them to give Alex/Steve a buzz cut, and then later gave him the famous wig for that episode and the next one, and also the shorter hair for the rest of Season 3 and most of Season 4.
Of course as an Alex O’loughlin fan and with the knowledge that he is #1 on the call sheet for Hawaii Five-0, I really miss the Steve McGarrett part of the story and the Navy SEAL and the man with a personal connection to the Governor, who he runs this task force for. As an actor be who gives his 100% all the time, it is sad that his part of the story became so small. Somewhere in Seasons 5 and 6 it just got lost ……
After all the speculation of last week this picture suggests that Alex and the family is in fact on holiday in Europe for this month. It should have been a more logical conclusion for me, than them being on holiday earlier, because the children would have been at school still at the time.
Alex looks well rested and gorgeous with his trimmed beard. What more can any fangirl ask for?
News for the week:
- Make sure to read Wendie’s article about Steve McGarrett, the centre of our Hawaii Five-0 universe: Why we love McGarrett
From the article:
While for the most part, McGarrett is often seen as the ultimate head of the task force, he is always willing to allow others to step up to the plate and take the lead. He is not afraid to stand behind someone, even if that takes him out of the spotlight. This is also a way to describe O’Loughlin as an actor. He is definitely very similar to the character he plays– a tough guy hero to some, and the tender-hearted soul of “Hawaii Five-0” to most.
Something Pretty from other fans:
- Collage made by Angie for The Five-0 Redux.
Some of my Random Thoughts for the week:
- I have to remind myself a lot lately that there are many new fans of Alex popping up every day. And that many do not yet know much of him or the history of his career.
- It is interesting to me that people sometimes do not know or care about the difference between ‘Alex with fans‘, ‘Alex with friends‘, ‘Alex with colleagues‘ and ‘Alex with other celebrities or at events‘. (Yes, I know most would not really care about it, and that it is just my own hang-ups)
- Also interesting to me that people do not distinguish between Alex the real person, and him and his different roles. I know I am also funny that way, but for me Alex at events or in real life is #AlexOLoughlin, and not one of his characters, unless he is actually representing that character. Or if you mention his present character of the time it also makes sense to use. But a picture of #MickStJohn, or #DrAndy, or any other of his characters or an event for one of those shows, are not #SteveMcGarrett or #h50 and visa vera. As an example I saw pictures from August Rush tagged as #SteveMcGarrett and #H50, and it just made no sense to me. (I know most won’t even understand what I mean, because most won’t even think there is a difference. But for me there is a clear distinction between Alex and his characters and also Alex at different periods of his career)
Most ‘interesting’ search for the week:
- did alex o’loughlin get along with sophia myles
- does alex o’loughlin miss moonlight
Best wishes for the week ahead!