We continue our story from here.
It is strange when the individual parts of an episode or story is actually good and maybe even great, but then as a whole it can turn out to be the worst ever …..
Apart from a few elements of joy, this is more or less the kind of Hawaii Five-0 episode I have no desire to see (and really not watch more than once). As much as I love the Ohana time with the team and the obvious pleasure of watching them have fun and wearing as little as possible clothes, it is just not enough to sustain an episode!?
If I was a first time viewer, I would be thinking that I am watching a bizarre show that should be called Chicago Five-0 Revenge. And for some reason there were some silly beach bums (who say they are cops), being taken hostage and forced to dig a grave by copkillers, and then being saved, per chance, by their silly neurotic friends, who drove around aimlessly somewhere in Hawaii to find them.
Good things about the episode:
- Us, witnessing the Five-0 team spending some leisure time together and having some fun.
- Some continuity – Chin actually asking Steve how things are now that Aunt Deb is dead.
- Great acting by Chi. (BUT why not have the team involved with him to create a better Five-o style feeling and story?)
Weird /Stupid/Silly Things:
- Apart from Steve, Grover is my favourite character on the show! BUT one member of the team going rogue somewhere on the mainland without any apparent plan or motivation of time and place? And with no connection, knowledge or back-up from the team, is just wrong and an insult to the team and the Ohana of the show. What happened to clever writing and the team actually taking Lou’s hunch and setting a clever trap for Clay? I guess that would be too difficult to write.
- I am no expert, but if Danny was able to pee in that bottle with such a small opening and neck (especially while Steve was driving like a maniac), he surely must be pinkie sized. #justsaying
- Chin & Kono just giving up, accepting to be killed without even trying any escape plan? And when they have opportunity to do something, not taking it – WTF? These two murderers were clearly stupid goons and no match for the two cousins’ skills.
- I am kind of sure all Five-0 cars are/should be fitted with satellite tracking devices. It would have been so much, much, much more realistic and plausible if Steve tracked them and found that they were not moving and then drove to the exact spot to rescue them.
- And in the land of the REAL Five-o’s, they would have by then already overpowered the captors and started solving the case of the dead cop.
Koala Smartass ran away after asking just one question: How is it possible that, the one episode where we get Steve, Danny and Chin shirtless and Kono running around in shorts the whole time, can be labeled as worst episode ever, by quite a number of long time fans? How did the show manage that?
Oh my goodness, Alex. You are one fine specimen!
And that was Steve’s ‘story’ for:
Hawaii Five-0 – Episode 6:13
Umia Ka Hanu (Hold the Breath)
Written by: Peter M. Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim
Directed by: Stephen Herek
To be continued …….