We continue our story from here.
This episode was action packed and entertaining and for most of the time great fun to watch. Lots of Man candy and nice light banter …….. and when that happens I tend to overlook a multiple of flaws. 🙂
But there was nothing really happening with Steve’ s story ……… so this will mostly be about some pretty pictures of Steve.
The things that I liked about this episode:
- Kristoffer Polaha was perfectly cast for the guest role of Hank. (Such a charmer, that we all (and Steve) somehow forget that he is a cold-blooded murderer who killed 4, (for the most part) innocent people)
- We did not see any of the usual ‘lovebirds crying and kissing’ scenes from Kono & Adam.
- The multiple stories, actually had a connection in the end. (I just hope that the team will at least talk to one another to see that it connects ….. )
- Follow-up and actually mentioning Lynn. But, were they really talking about Lynn though? Her name was not used at all. Is Steve binge dating and were they actually talking about a totally different girl?
- Very good that Max was “in” the episode without being there. Well done by the writers for doing it very cleverly. How about doing it with other characters as well, when the actors are not available to shoot scenes.
- It actually looked like
ScottDanno was having fun for a change.
Things that made me wonder:
- Why would the con-lady do a con without her partner’s knowledge? In other words, flags should have gone up for our Five-0 detectives back when they found her body with a dead man with his pants down. Okay, maybe they did not really think about how the con’s went down (as we saw them) and did not think about Hank’s involvement with the murder in that way.
- Abby’s SHOES. She is a seasoned inspector. How does she do her work and chase suspects on those shoes? I think there is some road to travel to motivate adding her character and to make her role as a badass cop more believable. (Thus far, I have only seen Barbie and
- Once again our superheroes work through a day and a night AND another day, without a change of clothing or sleep? And most of all without looking tired because of lack of sleep. And what did they all do during the whole night? (Maybe playing poker and smoking cigars? Not sure what Chin and Abby did though 😛 ) ………. and Steve still want to go for coffee, showing no signs of rather going to rest or take a shower after working non-stop for 2 days? (Oops, I forgot, Steve did have his usual change of shirts for the kevlar scenes. So maybe he was “fresher” than I thought. 😉 )
- Clearly Hank conned Steve bigtime. Why else would he leave him alone in the car without being cuffed – something he’s ALWAYS done in the past with other suspects.
- Clearly Abby likes what she sees (Chin) ….. if she is only there for a few weeks, will this only be a fling with Chin? That will be a new one – creating an exit plan for the girl to disappear, at the moment when she is introduced (Not like Leilani & Melissa who just disappeared? )
- Why does Gabriel have to keep on announcing himself and chatting with Chin and telling Five-0 about his moves? Is he in love with his brother-in-law? Or does he create drama and then “solve” it again, to put Five-0 in some sort of imagined debt?
And that was Steve’s story for:
Hawaii Five-0 – Episode 6:08
Piko Pau ‘iole (The Artful Dodger)
Story by: Peter M. Lenkov
Teleplay by: Steven Lilien & Bryan Wynbrandt
Directed by: Joel Surnow
To be continued …….