Please be advised that this post might contain SPOILERS, as we are discussing tonight’s episode.We however do not really reveal any plot related information as such.
I thought to just post this pretty picture for today, but as you all know me by now, I always have something more to say …….. sigh.
Going to do something we rarely do, apart from this week a year ago, before the 100th episode – talk beforehand about tonight’s episode. Not since the 100th episode, have I really looked forward to an episode. I have learned over the years not to do that with Hawaii Five-0, because to do that, is to set yourself up for BIG disappointment. But against my better judgement, I still have some high hopes for this one…….
First of all, I just want to mention that I really have sympathy for those fans who have invested a lot of their emotions in the Steve and Catherine relationship. Me looking forward to tonight, is in no way intended as gloating at your pain. For me it is really sad that circumstance, terrible writing and bad behaviour from many different people, caused the show to lose Catherine as a character last year, just to bring her back and lose her again for now. I really do not know if there are any genius storyline connected to the route they have taken with the character – I guess we will have to wait and see (and enjoy the ride 😀 ). In the words of Mick St John, “A joyride that never ends”
As we have said many times before, that because we are a site for Alex, our needs for the show are actually very simple ……… As much of Alex in each episode as possible, with great stories for him to display his talent as an actor (And of course him either wearing a suit, or pants and shirts as tight as possible, or preferably as little clothes as possible. )
Reasons why I am looking forward to tonight:
- It looks like we will have lots of Steve time.
- Steve being high on life and the prospect of new love.
- Playful, boyish, romantic Steve with the promise of a new beginning.
- Steve wearing shorts and hopefully as little else as possible for a whole episode.
- Steve wearing sunglasses.
- Steve getting dirty.
- Steve going all out Navy SEAL, to save him and his date.
- Steve remembering the past possible aventures with his dad.
- No Danny – therefore no insulting childish whining at Steve
- A new to Hawaii Five-0 director and a woman at that. Woman always take a different view, and from the promos I have seen, it looks like she knows what type of shots we other women would enjoy.
Things I am not looking forward to:
- That maybe everything interesting about tonight’s episode, has already been revealed in the promos. 😦
- Focus being split during the episode, with Steve and his adventure and most probably the team being involved in their own case.
- The show introducing a none work related character, with no real follow-through after tonight. (Like Melissa, Sabrina, Leilani etc.) I am with everybody who do not wish for Hawaii Five-0 to be a soap opera, but just hearing about these characters, who are supposed to be in the personal lives of our regular characters, hardly qualifies as soap. It is kind of hard to identify with a character if you see them twice a season without ever hearing anything about them along the way…..
Please be warned that you might just see everything worthwhile about the episode, if you look at it, but…..
Thank you for posting it!
PS – Earlier in the week I saw some fans thinking that they can see back tattoo peekage in a certain scene – not to spoil your fun, but I think you need to rather consider the possibility that the “peekage” might actually be a safety harness used in that specific scene. Hopefully there will be some other opportunity to see some forbidden treasure in other scenes.
PPS. I am sure Steve planted the bad guys there on that spot, just so that he could thoroughly impress the girl …..
Hope y’all have a good weekend!