Before we start with this week’s review just some general information from us. After some deliberation, Paula and I have decided to continue with our Steve Story posts when the new season start. They serve as small “reviews” of each Hawaii Five-0 episode and as a post for stills from the episode. And we will try to keep doing it on the Sundays after the actual episode (time permitting). But this means that we will have to move this weekly news posts from next week on, to Mondays (also time permitting). We would like to try and do both of these weekly features, if our readers like them and there are enough interest in them. If it does not work – we will find the Alex-fun in some other way. 😀
Spoiler alert: Some pictures from the set might be regarded as spoiler – although no major story lines are given away …..
Life on the Set:
@Sarah_Carter .. about as good as we got
- And click on the link below from ecotraveler, to see a short clip of how this picture above was taken 🙂
Lulu Morr I had the most wonderful time in my life 🙂 thank you to Alex for being so humble and friendly.
Alex at Events:
Kinda funny that I got almost the EXACT same picture with Alex O’Loughlin 3 years apart! #pregnant I really appreciate (1) his genuine enthusiasm (2) that he even noticed (3) his genuine well wishes – such a sweet guy! Random fact – As a teenager / surfer girl, I idolized his wife #MaliaJones growing up 🙂 #alexoloughlin #HawaiiFive0 #h50 #sunsetonthebeach #sotb #oahu #honolulu #waikiki #celebrityinterviews #workhardplayhard #29weeks #32weeks #TBT #MauiNow #BigIslandNow Hawaii Five-0
- Some Alex pictures from SOTB posted by Mahina Studios—Hawaii Photography & Design – Click on the link to see all her other pictures from the event.
News for the week:
- CBS Shocker: Nina Tassler Stepping Down as Entertainment Chairman – article
- Some of you might remember we rehashed an old story a few months ago about romance novelist, Jackie Collins, and her adoration for Alex – The tall good looking one on ‘Hawaii Five–0′ …... It seems that very lady like, she chose to keep her struggle of the past 7 years with breast cancer, very private and most people were shocked to hear about her passing away on Saturday.
I want to echo this Tweet:
@HeyD50 not sure I ever read a #JackieCollins book but she had good taste in men. #RIP Condolences to her family
Something pretty from other fans:
Apart from lots of SOTB (that start to all look the same after a while), I am sad to say I did not see any exceptionally ‘new’ pretty picture captures of Alex, by other fans this week that wow’d me.
Some fandom laughs for the week:
While Alex and co-star Sarah Carter were struggling in the jungle and at sea it seems …. some of the others were amusing themselves on set. One can not help but laughing with them, when you see this. (Click on Daniel’s name to see the clip)
- danieldaekim The problem with #H50 is that we never have any fun on set. 🏻 (And btw? #BugsBunny rules.) #HillbillyHare
And here is the link to the clip on the phone, that they were watching and laughing about: Bugs Bunny
Alex & Friends/Family:
- Some of you might have been wondering about it, but as we suspected would happen, Alex did not attend this years’ ALS walk on Saturday. His in-law’s did take part as part of their ALS Ohana group. Here is a picture of them, posted by MONIficent
(Some of you might recognise the guy on the right, as the person sitting next to Alex at SOTB. It is Malia’s brother, Daniel Jones. Mentioning it, because I saw some fans asking who he was, after seeing pictures of SOTB)
The words of a fangirl:
Some Trivia for the week:
- The “perks” of life on the set of an action show …..
My Pet Peeves:
- Someone making a general comment/ statement / declaration on one type of social media (like Twitter) about stuff that happens on a different part of social media (like Instagram). It leaves people confused and pisses them off, because not everybody follows all forms of social media. It might be better (for all who are also annoyed by that person as well), to address the guilty party head-on and direct, and not insult a whole group of fans as a whole.
(Much like you might feel about this comment from me, if you don’t know what I am talking about )
Most ‘interesting’ search for the week:
- scott caan interview relax stop trying to kill alex
Thought (Tweet) for the week:
- To keep my cool, I have to remind myself constantly that some of the fans (especially on Instagram) are only kids and they act like it. And then there are some older fans, who have the emotional intelligence of teens (especially on #H50 tag on Twitter)
- If they work according to schedule, they should be finishing up with filming episode 608 by the end of this week.
- And of course, the date we all have been waiting for – the start of Season 6 on Friday night 25 September!