Most of the fun for this week, came from the release of the Season 5 DVD and some of the extras on it. We are forever grateful to fans who are generous with sharing whatever they have of Alex with others. Hope you enjoyed it with us.
Life on the Set:
- From the previous week (22 August):
Seeing Wish Kid Hannah smile on her exclusive behind-the-scenes wish trip with Hawaii Five-0 brings so much inspiration after hearing what she has been through. Hannah has endured 5 brain surgeries to rid of brain tumors and has taught herself how to walk, talk and eat all over again. We are honored that we could be a small part of her journey and give her a boost of #hope #strength and #joy! #WishesMatter Big thanks to the cast of Hawaii 5-0 for giving her an unforgettable experience!
- From 4 months ago – Thank you to Addicted to Alex O’Loughlin for the find:
gentrypro @hun_t_005 – had a good day. Got to meet Steve McGarrett of Hawaii 5-O and then took Chef Allan Wong and friends for an outrigger canoe paddle this afternoon. Good day indeed.
hpthornsberry: This past week was truly one of the best weeks of my life. I swam with dolphins, was taken on a private, exclusive tour of the USS Missouri, climbed a volcano, am visited the set of my favorite television show, and got to meet my favorite actor ever! I cannot expressive my gratitude enough to the #MakeAWish foundation. They really went above and beyond to make my wish come true. To think that a year ago I was relearning to walk, talk, and I couldn’t even eat on my own, blows my mind. God can do amazing things. Thank you to Alex for letting me hold his gun (then regretting it, lol) and taking selfies with me! And a big thank you to the cast and crew of #h50 for my beautiful badge. I’m so honored to be only the sixth one to have one!! #scottcaan #alexoloughlin #h50halloween #h50castandcrew #hbdalexandscot
– not gonna lie, it was one of my favorite days EVER. He was SO nice! He’s literally the best ever.– I had a wonderful time!! I thought you might be a little jealous lol. But he’s seriously so nice and funny!! He’s just the greatest!
Came to Egan Inoue’s gym today to get some rolls in and ended up meeting Alex O’Loughlin from Hawaii 5-0
Alex at Events (Throwback):
- stacykung An almost too perfect way to finish the night, a picture moment with Alex O’Loughlin #hfm2014#hfx#whatanight
(Thank you Addicted to Alex O’Loughlin for the find)
News for the week:
- We did get some more promo pictures from Episode 601 – You can find them here
Something Pretty from other fans:
- From s5 dvd extras, credit ibysaurus.tumblr.com
Some fandom laughs for the week:
- This is actually really sad, but I also got a good laugh out if it, because of the absurdity of it. Somebody calling on of the most unbiased and neutral review writers in the Hawaii Five-0 fandom, bias.
The words of a fangirl:
Alex & Friends:
- Click on the picture and watch the brief video clip from S5 dvd extras, Alex and Mark rehearsing 5.07 fight scene.
Some Trivia for the week:
- SOTB, season 6 premier on the beach, next week. John Ondrasik entertaining the crowds. Maybe even playing his “All For One” song, that was premiered in 5.07 episode.
My Pet Peeves:
- Well I guess most of you would have seen my post on Thursday …….. Alex O’Loughlin: Fans vs fakes
Most ‘interesting’ search for the week:
- koala sleeping
Thought (Tweet) for the week:
- There is a big difference in supporting and following a TV show (1) for the show itself as a whole, (2) or for a specific actor (like Alex), (3) or following a show for a specific storyline or especially a relationship you like – read again and think about it.
- If you follow for the show itself, regardless of anything else, you are more or less always in a happy place and more or less love everything. And if it is no longer that show that you love, you just leave.
- Following for a person and their acting abilities is a lot different and there is more surety in getting what you expect. Unless that actor is not in it as often as you like (according to their contract). Deal with it accordingly.
- And then following the show for a storyline of your own dreams (or more specifically relationships) of what you think the writers/producers should write, you are setting yourself up for big possible disappointment – constantly. And I would say that disappointment is your own fault and nobody else but yourself is to blame …… Of course everybody have the right to voice that disappointment in their own way, but harassing Actors and Actresses for being cast and for doing their job, is just rude. Apparently there has been some harassment for a new actress – not that I have seen any of it myself though. The one thing that I did see however, and it was kind of interesting. People who felt comfortable enough to harass Michelle Borth (& some are still doing it without any provocation, or supporting & ‘protecting’ those who still harass her. 😦 ), now telling people not to harass new actresses – go figure 😕
- If they film according to schedule, they should be filming and finishing Episode 607 this week. And remember Saturday 12 September, we all have an appointment at SOTB 6 🙂