- Please be aware that some pictures in the post, that came from the set, may be regarded as spoilers.-
This week started out pretty great with all the fun and celebration around Alex’s birthday on Monday. I actually wish Alex could see how much effort and love so many fans put into cards, posters, wallpapers, video’s & slide shows everywhere for him. Hopefully some of the love and fun actually reached him and showed him how much he is appreciated and loved from all around the world.
Message from the Network on Twitter:
@CBSHE – Happy birthday to #H50‘s Alex O’Loughlin. We hope you’re spending the day doing something fun!
Life on the Set:
- Picture from Team H50 on Facebook of the cast jogging.
Some possible definite spoiler alert here:
- First photos for Season 6 posted by: CBS
Do we recognise that ugly pirate?
- Then some great BTS pictures from cast and crew posted on the 25th
We made a post of it and you can have a look at it here
- And on Friday Peter posted a longer version of the “Mud bucket” video
(Thanks to @ for reposting the video for easier viewing)
Paula made a collage of the end of the video 😛
Alex at Events:
- One more picture from the Walk in the Country event that took place earlier posted this week:
Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii – Mahalo for being a part of the 19th Annual Walk in the Country! Many thanks also to our title sponsor Ko Olina Resort and Marina and the many other generous donors and sponsors. This year’s event set two records with 670 attendees bringing in $500,000 in support of our youth. Your generosity is so greatly appreciated!
Click the link for event photos: http://bit.ly/1E2cyhO
News for the week:
- Posted by Peter on Instagram:
Something Pretty from other fans:
Some fandom laughs for the week:
- I think it was great of CBS to wish Alex a ‘Happy Birthday’ on Monday – but I could not help laughing at the picture and the caption accompanying it: “Like you have never seen him before” – with a picture that are already 5 years old 😆
As so many fangirls keep saying – it is high time for another photoshoot and feature of this gorgeous man!
The words of a fangirl:
Alex & Friends:
- From Karen who works as part of the production team on the show:
- And also a short video of the team singing to Alex and Scott:
Some Trivia for the week:
Duke Paoa Kahinu Mokoe Hulikohola Kahanamoku was a Kānaka Maoli competition swimmer, who is widely credited with popularizing the ancient Hawaiian sport of surfing. Born: August 24, 1890, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Of course the trivia part is that this famous Hawaiian shares a birthday with Alex on the 24th
My Pet Peeves:
- When CBS post videos that are accessible to USA viewers ONLY. 😦 I know CBS does not care much about international viewers – but please remember, international viewers do care about your shows CBS …….
- What is it with the ridiculous tagging of everything on Instagram? I am really not interested in seeing heaps of pictures of other actors and/or their pets when I do a search on the #AlexOloughlin tag.
Most ‘interesting’ search for the week:
- blood clause in alex o’loughlin’s contract
Thought (Tweet) for the week:
- I am definitely not a prude, as most of our readers here will know rather well because of what we are comfortable enough to post here on the site – BUT I do not really know what I found more uncomfortable to see on Monday – someone thinking it is a great idea to post an O’caan slash-p0rn fanart drawing on the #H50 tag on Twitter, – or an actual prostitute offering her services with half-naked p0rn pictures of herself on the #AlexOLoughlin tag on Instagram. 😕 It seems that some people do not know the difference between intimacy, nudity and p0rn. There is definitely a time and place for everything. Ask yourself – is posting a drawing on the show´s tag, that clearly shows it is Alex and Scott (concluded because the tattoos that are displayed above the nipples show it is Alex), in the act of having sex with each other, a great mature idea?
I guess I can understand why it is your dream for Alex and Scott to be”doing” one another on the sly, but what does a graphic sex drawing of them (the actors) clearly having sex have to do with the #H50 tag or the show for that matter? Far be it from me to try and play Twitter police, or to tell anybody how to have fun, but I repeat, there is a time and place for everything .
Many fangirls are naughty and we feel free to express it and play around with our own lusts and loves – we certainly do it here. BUT all of us can choose where and how we do it and where we share it – with respect to those who will read and see what we do write in certain places. AND with some respect to our idols and their colleagues and families. Most fansgirls have the maturity to keep the naughty and the PG 18 thoughts on their own (mostly private) groups, blogs, forums and sites. And they don´t try to sell their adult dreams to the other fans in general on the #H50 tag ……….
This rant has been brewing since Monday and went on a lot longer than I wanted it to – and now it is over!
From Alex on Facebook:
Alex O’Loughlin: – 25 August
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! If you would like to support a Foundation I love for my birthday, please consider giving to Taylor’s Gift Foundation here: www.taylorsgift.org/give As you know, Taylor’s Gift Foundation encourages the importance of organ donation, a cause that is important to me. #outliveyourself
- If they work according to schedule, they should be finishing up with filming episode 606 this week and start with episode 607 in the second half of this week.