First of all, on a general note – ‘Thank you’ twitter for making our world a little duller by taking away all the pretty backgrounds and with it, hurting our eyes with your all white background …….
Life on the Set:
This week a number of picture from the set were posted. Most of them came from the filming in and around the studios of Hawaii News Now.
- Posted by Percy The Small Engine:
Click on the links in the text to see pictures shared by Cheryl Yoshizumi:
Well, since I couldn’t take a picture WITH Alex, the least I can do is sit in his chair! Ooh, to… https://instagram.com/p/5a1uOqv8D1/
This was the closest I got today to the one and only Alex O’Loughlin! Wish I could’ve taken a photo… https://instagram.com/p/5a1RFFP8C7/
- Some more pictures from the set posted by @JelloBabyChe – Here is the post of them all by AOLww earlier this week.
- Hawaii News Now reported about their part in the episode – they are not giving away any spoilers of what part they actually play in it.
Thank you to @ for posting the clip from Hawaii News Now:
Here is the link to her video
We really do hope that this new-found love between HNN and H5-0 will result in some better coverage (and hopefully continues live stream) of the SOTB event by the News channel this year! For so many fans from all over the world, it is the only way that we can feel like we are part of and can experience this fun evening……
- Thank you to Chi McBride’s wife Julissa for posting this picture of the boys on the set on her Instagram:
- A big thank you to @ on Twitter for posting this great find. The picture was posted on the site in November 2013 – but we guess it must have been taken when Alex and Saxon visited Bora Bora in Hiatus 2013 (Late June early July). At the time Alex adopted a turtle called Matilda at Bora Bora Turtle Center
- And an old picture back from October 2013 resurfaced again: It looks like Hawaii Five-0 are still using shirts and gear from Hawaiian Hostage on the show….
Thanks you to @HeyD50 on AOLww for the find
News for the week:
- Sunset on the Beach (SOTB) will be on:
12 September 2015,
two weeks before season premiere on CBS on
25 September 2015.
You can read about it here on a report from Mike Gordon at Star Advertiser. Mike also tweeted that they would most probably do a live stream broadcast again. And of course we will keep yo up to date on those links when the time comes.
We hope all the lucky fans who are able to go, will enjoy their time at the event.
- Something that we all missed with the break in transmission of the “live” stream of Hawaii News Now from the blessing ceremony on 8 July, was the actual blessing itself. Wendie from The Five-0 Redux attended the event and posted her recording of it and you can watch it here.
Thank you to Wendie for posting it.
Something Pretty from other fans:
- Once again co-admin from The Five-0 Redux, Angie posted some pretty collages – this one from 21 July.
Some fandom laughs for the week:
- Daniel Dae Kim tweet about Scott Caan’s comment about a fake Twitter account impersonating him – and what do people do? They rejoice about the fact ‘that Scott is now on twitter‘ and immediately 200 people follow the fake account ……the fake account gets reported and disappear – just to pop up again a day later
And on a lighter note …..
- Anita @tweeted this snapshot of Steve and Mick celebrating #NationalIceCreamDay 😉
The words of a fangirl:
If you edit a pic that’s already been edited, pretty much 100% of the time the original maker knows it’s their work.
Alex & Friends:
- Enson at his Destiny Forever stand at Shirokiya at Ala Moana Shopping Center in Honolulu:
Some Trivia for the week:
- The reports came in this week that Steve’s lovable Aunt Deb aka Carol Burnett 😀 , will be awarded the 2015 special ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’, at the SAG awards next year January. What a wonderful privilege for Alex and the team to work with such a legend of the industry. Peter answered a tweet earlier and said that she (Aunt Deb) will be seen in the new season again.
My Pet Peeves:
- If you follow us on Facebook, you might have guessed my gripe for the week – fans twisting Alex’s words to fit what they want to think he said…..
Most ‘interesting’ search for the week:
As you all know, we get a lot of fun from the searches that land people on our site. We thought it could be some fun to share some of it …. this weeks winner
butt measurement of alex o’loughlin
Thought (Tweet) for the week:
Once you hate someone, everything they do is annoying. “Look at this bitch, sitting there breathing like she owns the place.”
(Makes you think about the unforgiving hatred going around the fandom ….)
- If they work according to normal schedule, filming of episode 6:02, directed by H5-0 stunt coordinator Jeff Cadiente@, should continue this week …. and they will most probably move on to the shooting episode 6:03 by the last days of the week.
See you next week 🙂