We continue our story from here
The first feeling that I had while watching this episode and it stayed with me right to the end of it …. “This is the Hawaii Five-0 I fell in love with” .
And then I stepped back and asked what gave me this feeling after so many episodes, where I did not find that love.
- To me it felt as if I actually knew these characters they showed us this time around …
- I never got the feeling that this episode was written around who is available for filming or not – everybody was just there to do their part in solving this one crime. And their personal lives were just naturally part of, and interwoven, during the episode.
- The carguments were there, without snarky, bitchy replies. Two grown men who are close friends, not only busting each others chops without venom, but also giving good advice and support when needed
- Danny’s counterbalance, Rachel is back! She is and always will be part of Danny’s personality – she kind of completes him and his reason for being in Hawaii. They have a history, they have a child (and now 2 children) and they will actually always love one another, no matter how much they ‘hate’ the other one.
- Chin trying to protect his Kono from heartache, consulting Steve about Adam – their bond, trust and respect for one another was again cemented.
- Details about the case of the week were actually there and we got to know the people behind the story of the case – they made us care.
So to recap my thoughts – It was all just there!
I personally think men are and can be very forgiving when it comes to anything surrounding their kids (their own blood). I have seen many men who have been deceived by women about their kids (and when and how they were conceived) and then forgiving, even when they know the truth and move on for the kids sake. Some even marry them and build a happy home around them.
My question and opinion about Rachel’s actions during the recap of Steve’s story in Episode 201:
- Maybe there is a slight possibility that an educated woman can be further along with her pregnancy than she thought, but how probable is it? (BTW – I still believe that Rachel just said that the baby was Stan’s, because she realised that Danny is married to his job and that things would never work between them)
In my opinion, Rachel acting the way she did, just shows how much she wants to protect her kids. She is not like Grover’s wife, Renee, the perfect cop-wife material. And when she was prepared to start a new life with Danny at the end of Season 1 – he chose to lie to her about what was happening that night and just left her to go back home alone with Grace.
She made the choice about lying to Danny and Stan, as self-preservation and as a lioness protecting her cubs. I will never say that what she did was right – but I understand that what she did was very much in character for Rachel as a person. And Rachel’s point of view was validated shortly after Charlie was born, when Grace was kidnapped in Episode 215…. And for that and also Danny’s actions and choices during Episode 518 , I want to kind of support her in her choice.
So in the end once again nothing new happening in Steve’s story, but at least this time around we got to see Steve’s loyalty and commitment again – not only towards Kono, Chin and Danny, but also towards Catherine and what he had with her…
My favourite moment of the episode:
– Steve putting up a “Wall of Silence” 😀
Oh dear Alex – this is why we love you! You made this look so adorable … 😀
Thank you ‘forbidden’ Back Tattoo for giving a little peekaboo. 😛
(Thank you @BeeM for asking for a better view of it. 🙂 )
– Hawaii Five-0: Episode 524 –
To be continued ……
PS. Happy Mothers Day to those in countries around the world who are celebrating it today. Hope you are all spoiling your mothers, or those of you who are mothers, that you are being spoiled endlessly.