We continue our story from here
Something very difficult for me to understand, is why waste your time watching a show where you don’t like the main character of the actor playing the role? I’m not a regular reader of ‘Insider TV’, but I saw this link yesterday and I found it rather funny……..
Question: Is there any chance of getting less McGarrett on Hawaii Five-0? Even after his yearly tortures, he refuses to take a day off. Enough with Super SEAL. It’s probably too much to ask. In that case, how about any non-McG related H50 spoilers? — MissBop
Matt Roush: Well, that’s a first. If you’re not a McGarrett fan, why would you be watching? He is the franchise. But this did make me laugh, because you’re absolutely right. It does become ridiculous over time. And a reminder for those sending in questions of this type: I don’t do spoilers here. Don’t believe in them. But if I hear McGarrett is actually taking a vacation, I’ll do my best to give you a heads-up.
(My reaction to MissBop would also be, that you actually need to show more of him and how he is coping with all the tortures and abandonment. You show the actor/character do his stuff dealing with it all – not hide him away and show less of him. Where is the entertainment in that? 😕 )
As you all might have guessed by now, I do not have much to say about Steve’s story…….so once again I just took the show and the episode for what it is – some procedural entertainment for the week. But apart from looking at all the gorgeous pictures that Paula captured for us, I felt like amusing myself a bit more ………..
Things I found funny – because small things amuses small minds and mine seems to be getting smaller and shrinking by the day (maybe from watching too much H5-0?) 😀
- Amber’s ex showing Kamekona a picture or him and his ‘girlfriend’, while holding the phone with his wedding ring clearly visible. Okay maybe that was what triggered Kamekona’s suspicion about the “perp” subconsciously – a man asking about his girlfriend while wearing a wedding ring. I would have used that as motivation for Kamekona’s suspicion of the guy 🙂
- When the “Exterminator” stood in the corner watching the people burn, there was a big area around him not burning and a lampshade right next to his head not burning, but when Kathy, who is much smaller than him, stood there, there is nothing, only something further away that has been burned. And the space is a lot smaller.
- I kind of wonder how it was Steve who knew exactly how the “Exterminator” looked, as he was not with Grover and Kathy when they saw him. And I really do hope the ‘Exterminator’ negotiated the deal with the guy with the jacket and cap, before he actually went to the crime scene. It would be totally ridiculous to think he had time to do all that, while they were chasing after him.
- A pot very very very full of boiling water smells good? (Even I can cook that. 😆 ) I was sure Danny would find a rabbit boiling in there. (Fatal Attraction 😮 )
- The team storms the hotel. Steve parks his truck with the passenger door right next to the pole. I would think that Chin was miraculously able to get out, but the truck seems to have been moved forward now. Then when Chin and Steve walks to the building the truck is again with the passenger door right next to the pole. But that’s not all, right after that when they all walk to go inside the building, leaving Kathy behind, the truck has moved even further forward and the pole is now at the back part of it. Maybe Steve’s truck is now like “Kitt” in Knight Rider and moves on its own? 😀 (Sorry I know, my mind is really small now, but the only reason I noticed it all at first, was when I first saw the truck door right next to the pole. I thought how would anybody be able to get out of it there. )
- How did Kathy’s blood get on the wall, specifically on those skirting along the side of the passage? It is not as if it is a railing a person would hold on to. Did the guy drag her down the passage right against the wall? 😆
- And then once again my gripe about Steve’s shirts – and this time it is proven that he does not wear the T-shit under the shirt as some suggested last time. For the first time they put Steve into these short-sleeved shirts, just for him to change into the T-shirt for the Kevlar scenes and then back again to the shirt for the hospital scene. All again without us being treated with some longggggggggg overdue shirtless Steve. 😥
- Maybe it is not a good idea to scream while somebody is poring gasoline all over your head. I was thinking of what awful taste in her mouth it would be.
Lessons from COTW:
- Don’t buy a house with a door that opens to the outside, it might be punishable by death in a fire. 😀
- Don’t sleep to deep while living in that small house, and with not even hear somebody nailing or screwing your back and front door shut.
- If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it. In other words, if you don’t have bugs, don’t let the ‘exterminator’ in. 🙂
- Grover is much stronger than 2 people in a fire with adrenalin running through their bodies at their moment of death. He breaks down a door barred with 2 planks and a doorbolt, while they could not break down a door with one plank. 😦
Lessons for Steve:
- Maybe he should start doing background checks on people from out of town, that come to work with him and the team. 😀
- Maybe he should do background checks on people who date his team members. 😀
- Maybe he should get kinder friends, then his enemies won’t be so fierce. (I did not say it Michelle did 😀 )
Some wise words from Steve to Kathy. And it once again shows that he has already worked through most of his tragedies and is not letting the past rule his life:
Steve: You know. Don’t look back, okay. Just don’t look back, whatever you do. You can’t change the past. Trust me on that.
Kathy: You saved my life. You get a hug, okay. Thank you.
(And Kathy might have done some foolish stuff in this episode, but she sure was clever enough to get one of those great Steve hugs! )
With the lack progress yet again in Steve’s story, I thought to write something to the man behind Steve:
Thank you for always giving your all with every character you do. Thank you for being committed enough, to not try and pursue other career projects while you are under contract to do Hawaii Five-0. There is nothing sexier than a man making a commitment and staying true to it, no matter what. Thank you for not letting your charity projects interfere with your work on the show. Thank you for being a committed family man, without letting your family life hinder you from giving Steve your all.
Thank you for entertaining us fans by attending all the show´s regular events like the ‘Blessing Ceremony’s and SOTB each year, and doing so with such unbridled enthusiasm. Thank you for being there when the show needs you to do charity or promotional work. Thank you for showing compassion for the needs in the area/state where you work and that you regularly voice appreciation towards the community that caters for your show.
Thank you that we do not always have to make excuses on your behalf, for not being there whenever pictures, of the cast from the set, are published on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc. And that your fans do not always have to ask where you are or why your scenes are not always done with the rest of the team. And that your scenes do not have to be inserted with the help of a green screen shots. Thank you that we don’t have to skip entire episodes of the show, because you are not in them.
You are definitely not perfect, but you are adorable for just being so very human in life and towards others. The awe and praise from those who work with, or just meet you for a few moments, testifies to that. Thank you for being you. You are a true star and you make us proud to be your fans.
FOYeur and Paula
Just some silly trivia: Something that I find extremely ironic. Lili Simmons playing Amber aka Melissa ( Danny’s girlfriend) who plays Rebecca in ‘Banshee‘, killing Alex Longshadow, played by Anthony Ruivivar who played Reyes, killed by Danny in Hawaii Five-0.
So, between Damber (Danny/Amber), they have brutally killed him (poor Anthony) twice. Poor guy – but then again maybe he (or rather his characters) had it coming. 😀
And then also a final comment about the “Exterminator”
I somehow get the feeling that he and those matches will cause some future problems for Five-0. Maybe he starts a fire, and during the chaos of it, a few of their old nightmares escape from Halawa with him – maybe Gabriel Weincroft, Paul Delano or some other ones we might have forgotten about?
And Steve told Kathy so clearly, “Don’t look back.” – but maybe her past will not let her go and will come back to get another chance to haunt her……
– Hawaii Five-0: Episode 516 –
To be continued……..