About nine months ago, on 14 March, to be exact we posted the good news that we will be ‘tortured’ with another season of Hawaii Five-0 again. (Link to that post) I stumbled upon it again, while searching for something else. The post contained a few wishes or requests that we had for the new season (Season 5). It was actually funny to see which needs were met so far and which ones we did not nearly get at all. It was also interesting to see the many comments and the debate with the post. And it was also great to see some old familiar names there who ‘liked’ the post and commented on it.
Well Steve definitely got tortured – AGAIN….. by WoFat…..for something he did not know at all….again…. But do we also feel ‘tortured’?
Paula and I thought it might be nice to compare our wishes listed then, to those we actually got……..
- Our first request was for Alex as Steve to grow his hair a little longer and to leave some of the grey there. To me that wish was only half granted. His hair is not really so terribly short, but it is also not really that much longer. And it appears to have gotten shorter after the first episodes this season.
- Request # 2 – to burn all his Season 4 shirts. It was mainly my wish and I should maybe explain what I meant by it. I find those shirts of him very fuddy-duddy like. My 25-year-old nephew asked me why Steve dresses so “old”? And the stupid thing about those shirts, is that Steve have to change into a T-shirt in any case, for when he puts on his Kevlar. Why choose wardrobe that don’t fit the needs for your job? AND the main thing is, why do we never see him change from the fuddy-duddy shirts to the T-shirts he wears under the Kevlar? That might be fun …..seeing him change clothes…strapping on the thigh holster……. *sigh*…… oops, where was I? 😛 (PS. But we do appreciate the mostly great moments we did get with Steve in something else than his “good-old-blue-shirt”
- It seems like the white saggy pants got lost. And I kind of dig the new pants with all the zips on the legs. It just feels like his pants in general are fitting him better this season. I think most of us would prefer some lighter pants though. Maybe they will come – soon?
Next up: Steve doing more SEAL stuff again – How do you feel, did we get enough ‘Badass’ Steve so far? With Alex’s stunt-double Justin leaving the show at the end of Epi 515, we surely hope that most of those dangerous stuff for the season is already in the bag.
- ‘The key to continuation in the story is small things, like a stolen glance between lovers that mean something. A quick call or a message from aunt Deb or Mary, to let us know how they are – not just a sudden appearance out of thin air.'<<<< At least we got that one reference to Aunt Deb and Mary and the call to Mary from the graveyard – yeah
- Sadly another live tweet was not granted, but at least Alex and Scott got to answer some fan questions.
- We asked for less squinting and some sunglasses for the team, but it looks like Steve keeps his sunglasses for visiting his dads grave. Back then, in Epi 104 and now again in 505
(I was so glad, I did not even mind the fuddy-duddy old blue shirt)
- Apart from tortured shirtless Steve, our wish for “nakedness” was not really granted. Although we did get Kono in a bikini in nearly every episode. So at least the guys and the girls who are into her, got something to look at. But sadly I think we might never see Steve shirtless ever again.
- Back to our request #3 – Honesty from the producers about reasons why main cast members are not available for filming. Okay, this one is most probably too much to ask for, but luckily we have other sources that help “some” of us to understand why our favourite star is missing in action. For instance we know Scott was not on set for those first 2 weeks of shooting, because his baby-girl Josie was born. And we know Alex was hardly in the last episode (509), because he went to Japan with his friend Enson – And with that we once again want to thank Enson for providing us with the best non-work related news about Alex. Enson, you are a star!
And with this “Do-wishes-come-true?”, we wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best for 2015!
22 responses to “Looking back at our ‘tortured’ past – High Five for Hawaii Five-0, Season 5?”
Where did you hear that Justin was leaving?
Thank you for all your fun posts this year. All the best to your endeavors next year. Have a wonderful New Year.
Jeff Cadiente tweeted a pic of Justin´s last day https://twitter.com/airjef/status/545708002636877824
Thanks for the link. I follow him, but I totally missed that. Darn.
Have there been any news if they are renewing the show?
Thanks for the recap and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.
Nothing yet on the renewing. Think we need to wait a bit longer…
Oh my.. Um.Had a bit on time to get past the Jeans and White T-Shirt ani, and then all the beautiful A$$ets pictures 🙂
Happy New Year to all you here.. Love the work you do!
Enson rocks! And love the hulahoop gif.
I love this post! It’s a nice way to review season 5 and comparing with our wishes. Despite the outstanding performance that Alex gave us in 5.07 and 5.05, this season it’s been quite disappointing for me because of the writing. And please don’t say that we might never see Steve shirtless ever again. Hope is the last to end, ok?
Thank you for all your hard work this year, especially with 102th posts of Steve’s story and the transcriptions of all interviews. But also the pics and awesome gifs that Paula give us everyday, like the last one that made me laugh. Only Paula to put Alex doing hula hoop in a champagne glass.
I’ll raise this to celebrate with you what a wonderful year Alex had and an awesome year AOL-IS too and wish you all that in 2015, full of joy, fun and happiness.
Thank you Marta 🙂
I was optimistically joking when I mentioned that we might never again see him shirtless again 😀
Thanks for all you girlies do throughout the year! You’re awesome! And lastly Paula, that last gif?! God Bless You!! 😉 🙂
It´s Alex making the bubbles 😀
Ps I know it is ridiculous, but I had to vamp up the old thing LOL
Thanks for your updates. Thoroughly enjoy them. My thoughts on Alex’s shirt wear, is they changed it since he is now a married man and due to the fact he is now 38 and older. We don’t know the behind the scenes on it, but maybe pleasing his wife more by not showing off his gorgeous abs and arm muscles to us. I have seen this happen in other shows. Respect for Malia. We never see ‘Chin’ shirtless nor ‘Danny’ too much. Just my thoughts. Alex is showing his middle age with the grey hair and I love it. Agree his hair could be longer. He was just in Vancouver over the holidays, someone got a pic of him at the airport back on the 28th. Looking good, but to me very tired and needing a break.
Thanks so much for this recap, the photos and that gif, you rock girls.
Happy new year to all of you and long life to this blog.
Happy new year everyone! Thank you for everything you do here. That last picture is precious. Only Paula could come up with that. Lol. 😃
Happy new year everyone! Be safe and have fun. Oh we will get shirtless Steve again, I refuse to believe we will not. lol
Happy New Year Everyone!
hehehe I Love, Love, Love Alex hula hooping bubbles in my champagne ♥
*CHEERS* Here’s to the never dyeing hope of More Shirtless Alex 😛
Reblogged this on alixia94's Blog.
I agree that I hope and pray that it won’t be the case that we never will see Steve/Alex shirtless again……I also agree that I would love to see his hair a little longer. Maybe we all should tweet this to Peter as a mass tweet to see what he could do for us.
Great write up! TY! I have a couple of questions and maybe I just missed it w/ my schedule but: 1) why did Justin leave? 2) who selects his replacement and 3) do we have one yet? Just curious about why and how the whole replacement process works this late into the year. Maybe it was something planned.but any info you might be able to provide would be appreciated. Thank you! I have so enjoyed your site! Looking forward to more great AOL and H50 info for 2015! Oh, and who is “Cokie?”
1) Not 100% sure, but as far as I could gather from other sites, Justin will once again be Sabastian Stan’s stunt double in the new Captain America movie (as he was for the previous one Captain America: the Winter Soldier.) I do not know if this is a bigger project than the last one or why he would be leaving for good this time? Maybe there is also other bigger project for him in the future.
2) I would think that the choice of replacement would be in the hands of Jeff Cadiente, as he is the stunt coordinator.
3) Jeff said nothing about it after that first tweet, so I doubt if there is any replacement yet. We will have to see when shooting starts again next week, but I doubt if there is any replacement yet.
I am not sure where you got the name ‘Cokie’ from that you are talking about? SO I do not know who it is.
I love you girls for all your great job! thanks for all your recaps, photos ,inside info about our Alex/Steve. Buon anno/ happy New year from Rome Italy.
Thank you Rossella
We love sharing Alex with others 🙂