Never mind that the project you’re in isn’t good; shine as bright as you can. And find the truth. We are either in the truth or we’re not. The truth is difficult to get to. This conversation we are having is the truth. We get to this place and the cameras are rolling, we’re great.”
– Alex O’Loughlin, Actors workshop HI, March 2011.
We continue our ‘biography‘ and account of Alex’s life, in this fourth part of ‘Alex O’Loughlin’s Diary‘.
Just a reminder that it is a chronological account of Alex’s public life (mostly his career), gathered from information of events he attended, interviews, articles and candid pictures
(Please remember that underlined and coloured words, are links that you can click on to take you to more detail of that story)
- 4 May 2013 – Alex, Malia and the children (Saxon & Spike) attend a party at the Oahu Club for Egan’s son Jett’s, 1st birthday.
- June/July 2013 – During hiatus, Alex together with his oldest son Saxon, visited the Bora Bora Turtle Centre on the French Polynesian Islands. He ‘adopted’ a turtle and became the Godfather of Mathilda, the turtle.
- 10 July 2013 – The Blessing Ceremony for Season 4 was held at the new studios, at Diamond Head. It was kind of low key in comparison with the previous years’ event. (Here is our account of the ceremony)
- 22 September 2013 – Alex visits LA for a number of interviews at a press day and also recorded an interview for ‘The Talk“, to be broadcasted later. Alex also recorded a ‘Questions and Answers‘ video, where he answered some fans´ questions. (Here is our transcript of it)
- 26 September 2013 – Alex and Daniel Dae Kim, together with some of the support cast, meet the fans on the red carpet at SOTB 4, for the start of Season 4. (Link to one one of the interviews)
- 27 September 2013 – To promote the start of Season 4 of Hawaii Five-0, Alex appears on ‘The Talk‘. He shows some adorable pictures of his youngest son Lion. (Here is our transcript of the interview)
- 27 September 2013 – During the broadcast of Episode 401, Alex, together with Peter Lenkov and Daniel Dae Kim, do some live tweeting. During the ad break Alex did some twerking 🙂
- 24 October 2013 – Alex, together with Malia, attend the 2nd Annual Australians in Film Awards Gala at Intercontinental Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. Alex was one of the honorees that received the Breakthrough Award (Here is the link to a fan-encounter from the evening)
- 2 November 2013 – Alex attends the CBS International Press. (Here is our transcript of one of the interviews he did on the day)
- 3 November 2013 – Alex and Daniel Dae Kim visit the Kent Williams Gallery for opening of artist Mari Inukai’s work.
- 17 November 2013 – Alex assist his instructor and friend Egan Inoue by co-hosting a ‘Self Defence Seminar’ to raise money for the Woman And Children’s hospital. (Here are the stories we got from fans who were lucky enough to attend the event. Miek & K’s story)
- 15 December 2013 – Alex, together with other cast member of Hawaii Five-0 participated in the Kokua for the Philippines Telethon – fundraiser to benefit the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. It was held at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Because of rain, the TV broadcast was cancelled.
- 20 December 2013 – Alex together with some CBS executives and other cast and crew members from Hawaii Five-0, spend some time with the kids at the Kaiulani Elementary School, for the 3rd annual CBS toy drive.
- 6 January 2014 – During the afternoon, there is a fire at Alex’s home and the Honolulu Fire Department is called in to put out the fire. They were called by the neighbours after they heard an explosion coming from the garage. The fire was contained to the garage and the flat above it. It appears that the fire started when old rags, that were used for oiling wood, caught fire. (Here is our account of the event)
- 21 January 2014 – The site ‘Just Jared’, publishes some pictures from the set of Hawaii Five-0, of Alex playing around in the sea. (Here Paula played around with Alex and some of the pictures 😀 )
- 23 February 2014 – Alex and his son Saxon attend a workshop of the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu master from LA, Royce Gracie.
- 15 March 2014 – Alex was honoured at the Tastes and Treasures benefit at the Honolulu Waldorf school. He attended the event with Malia, but there was hardly any pictures taken at the event.
- 21 March 2014 – And hiatus for Alex begins as shooting of Season 4 wraps. This year it seems like none of the main cast members attended any party’s.
- 29 March 2014 – Alex signed some Taylor Blue Nail polish bottles as part of the ‘Paint it Forward’ campaign and they were sold through the Taylor’s gift store.
- 29 March 2014 – Alex and Scott Caan attend the Metamoris III, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu fighting event. ( Link to what we could find of the event)
- 12 April 2014 – For the second year in a row Alex shows his support for the fight against cancer by attending the Relay for Life event and takes part in the opening ceremony.
- 16 April 2014 – Alex and family was spotted at a celebration (we guess, a wedding rehearsal dinner), when Miss Hawaii 2012 gave them some impromptu entertainment with a Hula dance and she posted the pictures online.
- 17 April 2014 – Alex and Malia Jones tie the knot in Hawaii. (Our account of their public life together)
- 21 April 2014 – Alex got to some sign some more bottles and a second round of signed Taylor Blue Nail polish sells out online within minutes of being available. ( Here we shared the story about Alex’s involvement with Organ Donation and some fan accounts of the bottles they bought)
- 23 April 2014 – Alex while on honeymoon, visiting Masi Oka and having lunch at the fish market in Tokyo Japan.
- 1 May 2014 – Alex is photographed in Sydney Australia at Audi – it seems that he and Malia went to visit his homeland down under as part of their honeymoon.
- 8 May 2014 – Alex ordering his new motorbike (a 2014 Harley-Davidson Deluxe), at Cycle City with Ronnie.
- 30 May 2014 – To get over the boredom of no news during hiatus, some fans took to twitter and got Alex voted in as ‘Hottie of the Week’ on @ENews! (Here is our account of it)
- 17 June 2014 – Alex is photographed with his new “toy” when he picked it up at the dealer – a brand new customized Harley. (Here is our story about it)
- 23 June 2014 – To support Aiden James, Alex gave a talk at the Ohana Arts Program for the children.
- 8 July 2014 – Alex, together with the rest of the Hawaii Five-0 team, gather for the Season 5 Blessing ceremony
- 11 July 2014 – Alex and Peter Lenkov attend the ceremony of ‘The Change of Command‘ at Pearl Habor.
- 16 August 2014 – Alex attend the ‘Walk in the Country Fundraiser’, hosted by the Boys and Girls Club of Hawaii.
- 18 August 2014 – Alex together with Daniel Dae Kim and Jorge take the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise and donate money and create awareness for ALS.
- 5 September 2014 – Alex with Fred Fisher, do an interview on HPR Helping Hands Radio about the upcoming ‘Walk to defeat ALS’. (Here is the transcript of the interview)
- 6 September 2014 – Alex, together with his family take part in the ALS walk. (Here is our account of the day)
- 12 September 2014 – Alex cutting the cake for the filming of the 100th episode of Hawaii Five-0.
- 13 September 2014 – The time the main cast join Alex on the red carpet for SOTB 5.
- 21 September 2014 – We did not get much information about the event, but there was a ‘Belt Ceremony’ at Egan’s gym and it looked like Alex got another stripe on his blue belt.
- 3 – 5 October 2014 – Alex visits Japan with his friend Enson Inoue, where Enson was honoured with his retirement from fighting. In the process of the weekend Alex taught Enson and us the finer art of deep thrusting when Hula Hooping 🙂 (Here are some footage of the weekend)
- 16 October 2014 – Alex together with DDK show there support for Spirit day with a short video and by wearing purple. Unfortunately the video is low quality and only surfaced a day later.
- 26 October 2014 – Alex and Scott visit with some of the press in LA to do interviews as promotion for the 100th episode of Hawaii Five-0. They also recorded a video of answering some fans questions. (Here is our transcript of it)
- 6 November 2014 – Alex attends the opening evening of the ‘Honolulu Fashion Week‘ with his wife Malia, who was introducing her swimwear line at the show. Chi McBride was also seen it the audience.
- 7 November 2014 – Alex and Scott Caan do interviews on “The Talk” and “ET“, as part of the celebration of the broadcast of the 100th episode.
- 19 November 2014 – Once a again some of the Taylor’s Blue nail polish, that Alex signed, come up for sale in the Taylor’s Gift online store and once again it was sold out within minutes.
- 22 November 2014 – Alex attends the fundraiser for the Lauakea Foundation.
Thank you to all the fans and fans sites who so regularly keep us all updated with all the news surrounding Alex.